Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sinful Colors - Dream on!



Okay dolls today I finally got to try my Sinful Colors nail polish in Dream On! In real life it is a deep metallic fushia with just a touch of magenta. Inside it looks more purple but in daylight and when I was at work it looked more pinkish. Either way it's neon!
The first coat:



Can you say streaky? wow it has a very thin formula. I wasn't excited to see this.

Here is a closer look at my 1st coat on my other hand:



Here's the 2nd coat:


Still streaky but getting a little better. At this point I knew it was going to be a three or four coat nail polish.

Here is the 3rd coat



The pointer finger and thumb ended up getting a 4th coat and the others were left with a third because they finally looked true to color.

Here is a close up of what the final color looked like after three or four coats.



As you can see the polish is sort of matte. It's definitely not shinny. I don't know if I like the matte sort of look with this bright of color so I topped it off with a shiny fast drying coat.

Here is how they look with the shinny coat:



So I am not a fan of the streakyness but I do like the color and I am obsessed with the shape of sinful color's bottles. The polish is thin enough and VERY fast drying so that doing 3 or 4 coats is really not a problem. I'll let you know how long it lasts and when it starts to chip.

So here's the break down:

CONS

  • Very streaky
  • Needs 3 or 4 coats to get an opaque color
  • has a slight matte finish that I'm not in love with
PROS

  • I love the packaging and shape of the bottles
  • They only cost $2
  • Extremely fast drying
  • Thin enough so that multiple coats are possible without being a thick mess that never dries

They test will be how long it lasts and how it holds up. I'll let yall know how it goes!

&&&

I was delighted to receive a package yesterday and it had my new 1 1/2 inch hot tools curing iron in it!!



I own the 3/4 marcel hot tools curing iron that I bought for $40. It's the only iron that I have used that gets hot enough to hold a curl in my hair. I have a 1 1/2 inch curling iron now but my curls fall out so fast even with tons of hair spray because it doesn't get hot enough.

I'm hoping to have better luck with this one! It was only $25 off ebay with FREE shipping! I got a great deal! I can't wait to try it out!


xoxoxo

Melissa080288

No comments:

Post a Comment