Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bliss A Tan for All Seasons



So I found Bliss A Tan for All Seasons at Ross for $7.99 and it retails for $38 at Sephora! So I bought 2 bottles of it.

I scrubbed my whole body with a $1 sugar scrub from the Dollar Store (worked really well) to exfoliate the skin. Applied lotion to rough spots like elbows, knees, wrists, ankles, etc. I then applied the product wearing plastic gloves from the Dollar store and rubbed the self tanner on the backs of my hands after I took the gloves off and was finished. I then washed my palms.

It dried really really fast pretty much right after you rubbed it in. I still waited 15 mins to put clothes on because that is what the instructions suggested.

Here are the before and after photos:

BEFORE FACE:

BEFORE BELLY:


BEFORE LEGS:


Then I took photos right after I applied the product.

RIGHT AFTER APPLYING (FACE)



RIGHT AFTER APPLYING (BELLY)


RIGHT AFTER APPLYING (LEGS)



I applied the self tanner at 11am. This is how it looked at 9pm after giving it a while to process:

AFTER 10 HOURS (FACE)


AFTER 10 HOURS (BELLY)


AFTER 10 HOURS (LEGS)



I think it gives a believable light tan without any orange.

I'll show you the before and afters side by side so you can get a better idea.

Before
After



Before
After


Before
After

I think the flash may have blown out the legs on the after photo. I tried to take them in the same spot with the camera the same length away.


In real life the tan is very subtle but you can re apply for a darker look it says.

PROS
  • Comes out purple so you can see where you are applying
  • Tan looks real not orange at all
  • The smell isn't bad but not delicious either
  • Dries very quick
  • Doesn't transfer on to clothing or sheets

CONS
  • Normally $38 for a small can
  • had a few patches but they are pretty light
  • Not a very dark or noticeable tan if that is what you're looking for
It says it should last for a week. I will update you on how long it lasts and how it fades.


No comments:

Post a Comment